The word I was searching for was “soapbox…”
Today, I hosted an up close and personal Facebook Live session with Fit Approach and Gixo talking about the power we have to define our own happiness. The strength we have to make changes and shift perspectives. And to truly define what it means to be limitless.
I have to admit, it was a little intimidating to get so personal on camera, with all of you watching, and allow myself to be totally raw, unscripted, and real, but it was also empowering. While talking with all of you through comments, and even making a few mistakes, it made me realize that there’s so much power in vulnerability. There’s so much strength in exposing yourself and just being real. We spend so much time curating our lives and experiences, choosing the perfect filters, light, and even captions to match our seemingly perfect lives that we sometimes forget how liberating it can be to just be in the moment. To be present and alive. To say what we came to say. And not feel nervous or anxious about it.
After getting through some initial nerves, it just made me feel strong. It made me feel real and whole. And limitless. And so bonded with this incredible community.
If you missed my Live video, check it out NOW!
And because I missed a few things while live (impressive given how long I talked, I know), here’s a quick recap on the things I forgot to mention (I blame pregnancy brain for all of it!):
- I am @JamieKingFit on Instagram, you should also follow the whole community @FitApproach and of course #sweatpink with us if you don’t already!
- My placenta’s new name is Cruella. For those of you who think Mulan is an “older” Disney movie, Cruella refers to the villainous, fur-coat wearing Dalmatian stealing character in 101 Dalmatians.
- Beth, my inspiring Sweat Pink sister and new mom, did indeed write a book. But the actual title is From Mat to Pavement and it’s all about how yoga can help make you into a better runner. And her Instagram handle is @drbethbrombosz and her website is: https://www.sublimelyfit.com/
- The #IAmLimitless Challenge page is here and you can find digital images here. Join us all January long! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join and help us spread this empowering, uplifting, and inspiring message.
- Gixo is for EVERYONE who wants a fun, convenient, fits into every lifestyle type workout. And if you haven’t already downloaded the app, you best get on that!
Thanks to everyone who tuned in and to all of you who are tuning in now!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Gixo. That said, all words, opinions, thoughts and even ramblings are my very own. I truly appreciate all of the brands that support the Sweat Pink community.