If you follow me on Instagram or Strava, you may have noticed that I have been running a lot less. You might have even noticed that I’ve slowed down considerably. And if you follow really closely, you might think that all of these things are really strange given the fact that I also mentioned I’d be tackling another 100 miler in early November?
So what gives?
It’s finally time to let the cat out of the bag. It’s time for the big reveal…..I’ve been keeping it to myself for too long….So here goes….
I’m DNS’ing my first hundred miler.
Ok, that’s not really the big reveal (but the above is sadly…very true).
The big reveal is….
Baby Danger King is arriving April 2018 and we could not be more excited, terrified, and full of snacks as we are right now. I’m 12 weeks along and have eaten more tacos and cereal in 3 months than I probably have in my entire lifetime.
Oh yeah and did I mention….
It’s a boy!
That’s right, there’s a little man growing inside of my body. We decided to do NIPT and found out the sex just last week (around 11.5 weeks!).
I truly love this little nugget so much already; even though he hasn’t made life all that easy the last 12 weeks, he’s already taught me so much. I’ll save the really important lessons for future posts…and for now, let you in on some of the fun secrets Danger has let me in on:
- Always pack snacks. Full stop
- Cereal is good any time of day
- Naps are amazing and necessary
- When in doubt, order three tacos
- Second breakfast is totally a thing
- It is possible to eat more than my husband
- Cheddar cheese is always the answer
- When you tell your husband you’re really dehydrated and not feeling well and he points to water on the coffee table, it’s totally appropriate to glare at him for the next 6 hours
- Throwing up in public, on a sidewalk, in front of your business is probably just the beginning…
I’ll be back soon with more week by week updates – starting with the story of when I found out I was pregnant – I’ve been secretly writing all of my thoughts and taking notes along the way, since about 5 weeks or so, and can’t wait to tell you all about it. The good, the bad, the ugly.
Stay sweaty (and keep snacks in your pockets),