Since I’m currently on the road (and on vacation), it doesn’t really feel like the weekend is coming to an end. And its almost even harder to believe that I’ll eventually have to come back to real life. And think about things like meal prepping, organizing workout attire and even grocery shopping (blergh).
When I’m at home, getting ready for the week ahead, its often a combination of art, science and luck. If I have the time during the weekend, I’ll often take advantage and do whatever I possibly can to make the week ahead easier. And while I’m not going to sit here and lie and say I’m always prepared or that my preparation works every time, I do have 5 trustworthy prep habits that can make a transition into the work week seem a little easier:
- Roast veggies: making a big batch of roasted veggies is a great way to spice up salads, make healthy snacks and save time!
- Plan and schedule workouts: I try to plan and schedule all of my workouts before the week starts not only so I can feel more organized going into the week but also to hold myself accountable to what I’ve scribbled down in my calendar.
- Schedule calls / meetings in blocks: since a lot of my day involves writing – between content, proposals and even social media – I’ll often try to schedule blocks of time for meetings and calls so that I can spend the remaining hours of my workday focused on tasks at hand. It really helps me fight off distraction and helps me be more productive.
- Pack the gym bag: I try to spend a little time on the weekend restocking my gym bag with ShowerPill wipes, extra clothes, and even snacks so that I can be ready to grab and go quickly – especially when I’m teaching all week at 6 am!
- Pencil in puppy time! Aside from scheduling my own workouts, I also like to schedule in time for puppy walks, dog park time and runs – her workouts are just as important as mine, after all!
Now that it’s Sunday, how do you get ready for the week to come? Is your gym back packed for the morning? Are meals prepped, packaged, and chilling in the fridge?
What are your favorite ways to make your busy week ahead easier?
#liveinprAna #sweatpink #1millionminutes @prAna @FitApproach
PS: since we’re talking about gym bags…I gotta ask, have you checked out prAna’s new line for Fall?
Disclosure: this post was sponsored by prAna. All opinions are our own. We so appreciate you supporting the brands that support Fit Approach and the Sweat Pink community!