Since I haven’t been as committed to my workouts as I’d like to be over the last couple of months, I made a commitment to myself to start putting my workouts back in ink (in other words penciling them in on my calendar!). Before moving, I ALWAYS had a calendar filled with workout plans and it not only helped hold me accountable but also helped me plan and prioritize my other responsibilities.
To start my Monday off on the right foot, I set the alarm for a good early-ish hour (extended it a little due to a super late bedtime), had my gym bag packed and clothes laid out – basically gave myself no room for excuses. When my alarm went off, I got up and got dressed for the gym like it was my job.
And with semi achy, tired legs from all the trail running and adventuring over the weekend, I got my dreadmill sprints on and followed it up with a good weights workout. In case you wanna follow along:
- Dreadmill sprints & tempo run: 2 minute warm-up at tempo, 5 minute sprints starting one whole level above tempo (like 7.5 to 8.5) and then increasing .2 in speed each interval (1:30 sprint, 30 sec recovery), 1 minute tempo, 2 minute sprint with 2% incline, 2 minute climb at tempo increasing to 6.5 incline (going up every 20 secs), tempo run at max incline (6.5) for 2:00, 5 minute sprints on incline starting at tempo and increasing .5 each interval, 2 minute temp with decreased incline (3.5), 2 minute sprint on 3.5, tempo run at 1% incline to finish
- Chest press: 10 reps with 65 lbs, 10 reps 75 lbs, 8 reps 80 lbs
- Bicep curls with squats + push-ups on weights: 10 reps with 15 lbs + 10, 12 reps with 15 lbs + 10, 14 reps with 15 lbs + 8
- Bosu Mountain Climbers + Bosu Lifts: 50 mountain climbers + 12 lifts. Repeat x3
- Bosu shoulder raise: Standing on one leg on Bosu, shoulder raises with 10 lbs (10 reps). Repeat x3
- In/Out abs: 25
- Bicycles: 50
- Leg drops: 1:30
And I’m pooped. So pooped.
What’s on your workout schedule this week?
Stay sweaty friends!