In the true spirit of #TBT, we dusted off the cobwebs on a few of our old favorite workout moves and got after it like we do. I was feeling beat up from the week (see my bitching from last night?) but once I was in the gym and warming up, I changed my mind and decided to stop my bitching and just bring everything I had to my workout.
As sore as I am today, I’ll thank myself tomorrow when I’m sitting on a plane ALL DAY LONG…en route to good ole’ Amarillo, Texas. YEEE-freaking-HAW! My photo today is a TBT of the time I taught my grandpa how to two step in the kitchen – my grandpa, the Texan, me the non-Texan – what is wrong with this scenario?
Our TBT moves this morning included heel toe, middle abs (basically sitting in boat pose, and heel toe-ing feet for 30 seconds, up / down, center – everything 30 seconds – BRUTAL), wall sits (been bringing em back y’all), and some chest press on a medicine ball (because why not?). And of course we incorporated some of the recent moves as well – of course our 100/100/10 challenge: 100 push-ups (blergh), 100 sit-ups (double blergh) and 10 pull-ups (triple blergh).
The workout looked a little like this.
- 30 minutes eliptical warm-up (45 second sprint intervals, 30 second walk – 3.5 miles)
- TRX push-ups (20) followed immediately (seriously, no breaks, ya big wimps) by TRX plank pulls (20)..oh my aching abs and arms – 3 sets, obvs
- Squat jumps (20) – 2 sets
- Lunge jumps (20)
- Bicep curls with 15 lbs on one leg (18) followed by overhead press (10) – 3 sets
- Heel toe abs in boat pose – 3:30 (yuck!)
- Side middle side abs (50)
- Starfish abs – kind of like starfish jumps only for your abs 🙂 (20)
- Chest press on medicine ball with pushes (10 + 10 for 3 sets)
- Push-ups (30)
- Mountain climbers (30 secs)
- Push-ups (13)
- Wall sits (1:30)
Stay sweaty friends,