All of this talk about the importance of learning, stepping out of comfort zones, and of course, jogging down memory lane this week had me thinking about my own teacher trainings. I did my first RYT 200 in Todos Santos, Mexico with Yandara (alongside Ashley Galvin and Dylan Werner, just saying…#humblebrag? or just #namedropper? HA!) and my second RYT 500 with Zuna Yoga in Bali.
They were both unique, amazing, and unforgettable experiences; I learned so much about yoga, teaching yoga, and connecting with myself, my breath and my body and perhaps even more so about the person I am, and the person I want to be. I also made lifelong friends. People that inspire me to be a better person, yogi, and business woman. Teacher training is so much more than just training to teach; and I think it’s something that you truly have to experience to understand.
And on the heels of our very first FFY HIIT Yoga Teacher Training (starting TONIGHT, OMG), I could not be more excited for the opportunity to share this incredible experience with so many others.
In other words, SHIIT is about to get real, real.
Here are my five favorite SHIIT gets real happenings from this week.
- Learning is cool. Do you know what you aren’t but should be THROWING away every 12 months? Neither did I. Alyse gives us the important, sweaty 411 on one of your most essential workout items (well, for you ladies anyway). You learn something new everyday.
- Getting uncomfortable. It’s like peeing your pants, everyone’s doing it (even grandma). In the words of Adam Sandler, you ain’t cool unless you pee your pants….or, er…get uncomfortable. Loving this amazing post from Mountain Mantras on why you’re not cool unless you’re slightly uncomfortable.
- Failure, we all do it. And in answer to your burning question, YES, both Tammy(ie?)s made the squad. Nuff’ said.
- Oh, memories. Isn’t it crazy how certain memories truly stick with us? It’s the experiences you create in life that are most memorable. So get out there, past your comfort zone and experience life. Check out Liz’s amazing post about running a half marathon in Lisbon, Portugal before she even had running “leggings.” Speaking of experiences, make sure sign up for the EXPERIENCE of the summer, the Empower Race + Yoga Festival in idyllic San Francisco Bay Area, August 5-6, 2017. Use the code Flexandflow at checkout for 20% off.
- All dat’ HIIT magic: With HIIT training this weekend, I know things are about to get super sweaty. I leave you on this Friday with this magic legs and booty burning FFY HIIT Yoga sequence. You’re welcome, y’all!
Happy Friday, ya’ll!
Stay sweaty, stay uncomfortable and most of all, namaslay, all day e’ryday.
Sandra Laflamme saysMay 5, 2017 at 7:03 am
Getting uncomfortable is such a big part of success in running and in life. It is hard to be uncomfortable but totally necessary! Great round up of links. Enjoy your HIIT Yoga training!
Jamie saysMay 10, 2017 at 10:12 am
Thanks lady! Xoxox