I love creating energy bars at home, using nothing more than my Blend-Tec (a food processor would also work) and my oven. Creating my own bars allows me to not only control what is going into my body and to use less sugar than you might find in a store bought bar, it also saves me money (double score!).
These chocolate, espresso, berry energy bars are not only delicious but also full of healthy nibbles such as dates, mixed berries, almonds, and chia seeds, that will keep you going strong throughout the day.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 6 dates
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons amaranth flour (coconut flour also works!)
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/3 cup Wild Friends Vanilla Espresso Almond Bars
- ½ cups cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grind pumpkin seeds, almonds and chia seeds in a blender (or food processor)
- Add the dates and pulse the mixture a few times, leaving some of the texture
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients
- Mix the ingredients well
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
What’s your fave energy bar recipe?
Stay sweaty friends!