Last week I posted about our favorite, go to healthy and easy pita pizzas and this week I’m gonna let you in on another one of our favorite parenting hack recipes: spaghetti squash with spicy yellow lentil hummus pesto.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s not only delicious right when you make it, but it also saves really well and can be eaten for leftovers all week long. I’ll often add more greens and eat it for lunch or even top it with an egg to give it a little protein boost.
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted (*I’ve tried all the different ways you can prepare spaghetti squash, ie roasting with water, microwaving, etc and thus far, I love Chocolate Covered Katie’s method for high heat roasting the best!)
- 1 cup kale (or other dark leafy green), chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Lantana Spicy Yellow Lentil Hummus
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Prepare the spaghetti squash and scoop strands into a big bowl, set aside
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the carrots in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, cumin, and salt and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes or until tender (check and stir, occasionally)
- While the carrots are roasting, blend the Lantana Spicy Yellow Lentil Hummus, basil leaves, juice of 1 lemon, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add in 2 tsp olive oil a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute the kale over medium heat with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste (about 5 minutes or until slightly wilted)
- Combine hummus “pesto” mixture with spaghetti squash, toss in carrots and kale, and top with pumpkin seeds and parmesan cheese
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Lantana Foods. I was provided with fruit hummus to create recipes for my blog. That being said, all recipe content, 90’s flashbacks, words expressed, and opinions are my very own. I truly appreciate all of the brands that support the Fit Approach community.