“I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.” ―Maya Angelou
To all the phenomenal women out there, happy International Women’s Day. Today, let’s celebrate female strength and all the incredible, kick ass women who are paving the way for us to accelerate gender parity.
Today, let’s all have a voice. Let’s all stand up and be leaders. Let’s all take action in this fight for gender equality – no matter how big or how small. Let’s all inspire one another to be the phenomenal women we already are.
In honor of National Women’s Day, I pledge to:
- Tell another woman she is smart, accomplished, and creative.
- Remind myself that I am not defined by what I wear, how I look but only by the actions I take and the words that I say.
- Be a bitch. Being tough, ambitious and knowing exactly what I want and where I am headed.
- Do things that make me feel strong, empowered and brilliant.
- Celebrate all of the amazing, accomplished and phenomenal women in my life.
- Lead by example. Showing that taking a stand for women is a fight for everyone.
One of my personal mantras and one that we also use often at Fit Approach and Flex & Flow is forward progress, always keep moving. Today couldn’t be a better reminder to keep moving forward. To be a a leader and inspire. To never back down.
I’m en route to California for the EMPOWER Retreat with two amazing women by my side and this weekend I will be joined by over twenty more incredible women to celebrate empowerment and strength and inspire one another. We will build each other up, embrace our femininity, and demonstrate our strength.
If you can’t attend this weekend’s EMPOWER Retreat, I hope you’ll show up to run and sweat alongside women from all over the country on August 5-6 at the first ever women’s festival in the Bay Area. Join us for a weekend of sweat, community, yoga, and women empowerment.
Don’t forget to tell a woman in your life that she is strong, accomplished and smart and how she inspires, empowers, and motivates you today!
Don’t forget to stand up, lead, and inspire.
“I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” ―Madonna
Stay sweaty all you nasty women out there!