Packing last minute is kind of my jam. I’m not one of those people who starts packing a week in advance of a trip; instead I’m the person who packs a few hours before they’re supposed to be at the airport. I think I must secretly like the rush and the mystery of what really made it into my suitcase…or maybe I’m just a procrastinator. Either way, it is what it is.
Today was no exception to the rule. Even though I am leaving for a full month to adventure and yoga my way through Singapore, Bali and Cambodia, my packing didn’t start until this morning when I realized that oh shit, I was LEAVING today. Like in a few hours. Whoa.
While the packing started out in a frantic effort, as I made my way through my list I started to ease up a little bit. I really didn’t need very much. And what I do need is basically what I wear almost everyday, plus a swimsuit or two. And some sunscreen. And oh yeah, some sandals.
So without further adieu, here are my yoga, adventuring, eating and sweating pink my way through Southeast Asia essentials:
Yoga (and other sweaty things) clothes:
- Handful sports bras: What I love about my handful sports bras is that they’re so versatile and comfortable. They can double as a swim suit top, they look great under “regular” tops, and of course come in fun, bright colors.
- Electric and Rose Rosewood Printed Crop Top: I absolutely love this top because I can wear it as is – no sports bra necessary – and it’s so flattering, comfortable and fun to wear!
- prAna Misty Knickers: These are by far my favorite capris. They’re lightweight and oh so comfortable. Plus, the pattern….and texture….oh, so cute! I love them so much I have them in black and blue. Grab a pair for yourself but don’t say I didn’t warn you…you will get addicted. Take 15% off using the code: prAnaFallStyle16 at checkout. You’re welcome.
- Lululemon Wunder Shorts: These shorts are great because they move with you, not against you if you catch my drift. They don’t ride or dig or contain unnecessary zippers. They’re great for running, yoga and all kinds of other sweaty adventures.
Other clothes, layering items (for travel, temple visits, and everything in between!):
- prAna Kara Jeans: My new prAna Kara jeans are my absolute fave. They’re comfortable and form fitting, without looking tight. And they’ll be perfect for a night out, a visit to the temples, and long plane rides (which there will be many). Snag these more than perfect jeans for yourself and get 15% off using the code: prAnaFallStyle16 at checkout.
- prAna Devan Henley Sweater: This is probably the item that saved me the most. Without it, I don’t know what I would do. I needed a lightweight, comfortable layering item that I could quickly toss in a bag or toss on when I needed a sleeve. And this sweater is absolutely perfect. It feels amazing on my body and it’s lightweight enough that I’ve even worn it with shorts. That code ^^^ works for this sweater too (get on it, already!).
- Madewell Anthem Scoop Tank: I flipping love this tank. I own it in three colors. And it’s the softest, most flattering tank. It goes great with everything and is easy to dress up or down. Plus, it doesn’t wrinkle so it makes packing it all that much easier!
Aside from clothes, my other packing essentials include:
- Aftershokz: you cannot and should not travel without a great pair of headphones. And you can’t get better headphones than Aftershokz Trekz Titanium – I can listen to music and podcasts wherever I am and still stay safe and aware of my surroundings. Plus, they come in pink to support breast cancer awareness. Grab a pair for yourself and proceeds go to breast and ovarian cancer research. Stay #AwareWithPink.
My new unicorn squad pouch, of course….it holds my passport and other important items.
With that packing adventure out of the way, now it’s time to sit back, relax and think about everything I forgot for the next 25+ hours of airplanes and airports.
Goodnight from San Francisco….will wake up in Hong Kong tomorrow morning…and by the afternoon will arrive in Singapore (only it will be Wednesday afternoon and you all will just be going to bed on Tuesday night). Weird.
Stay sweaty friends!