Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup (packed) almond pulp leftover from one batch of almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Honey noosa yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Here’s what you’ll do!
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease up some muffin tins.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together melted butter, almond pulp, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, yoghurt, and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry mixture into the wet, careful to not over mix – it should still be a touch lumpy.
- Fold the tart cherries and chocolate chips into the batter, and spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are puffed and golden and toothpick inserted towards the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tins for about 5 minutes before enjoying!
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? Or perhaps a favorite muffin? Let me know and maybe I’ll try and almond pulp it!
Stay sweaty friends,