While the rest of the city was drinking margaritas and inhaling chips and salsa, the Fit Approach PDX bootcamp crew was putting in some serious work. Last night, in celebration of Cinco De Mayo we did a ladders workout because really, there’s just no other way to celebrate a holiday.
And even though it didn’t rain (in fact, the sun was shining the entire time), we were all just as badass. Here’s the workout:
- Warm-up run with 10 lb weighted ball (2 laps – .8 miles)
- Box jumps & push-ups ladder (9 box jumps, 1 push-up…8 box jumps, 2 push-ups…and so on and so forth)
- Tricep dips & squat jumps ladders – 25 tricep dips, 10 squat jumps, 25 squat jumps, 10 tricep dips
- Mountain climbers & weighted sit-ups ladders – 20 weighted sit-ups, 10 mountain climbers, 20 mountain climbers, 10 weighted sit-ups
- On the stairs – weighted bunny hops 4x + reverse lunges ladder
- Leg lifts (abs) – 10 on each side followed by 3o seconds of funky planks
- In and out abs with extra long holds – 10 followed by 30 seconds of funky planks
- Bicycles (25)
- Burpee & sprints ladders (the worst thing ever!!) – one person sprints, everyone burpees until everyone has sprinted (OUCH!)
- Tricep dips (20)
- Cool down weighted jog (1 lap – .4 miles)
Great workout everyone, excited for next week!
Oh – and of course to get in the spirit we had a healthy taco salad for dinner.
Stay sweaty friends!