This week has been all about that girl power – from embracing my feminist rage, to embracing and celebrating female athletes…for being ATHLETES, to feeling inspired by all the bad ass women in my life and generally just loving what it means to be a GIRL.
So naturally, this five things Friday is the GET IT, GIRL edition.
- The Olympics. I freaking LOVE the Olympics. But can we stop with the sexist sports coverage already? What if we talked about male athletes the same way we talk about female athlete? Well, it might look a lot like this (via TheTab.com): “…wearing skintight blue swim trunks as he sped into first place. His black swim cap accentuated his statuesque features, while he completed the look with stylish but functional wrap-around goggles.” I can’t even.
- If Girls Ran the World. I’m so excited to be joining this epic girl powered event to raise money for charities that support women all around the world. Will you lady up and join me this October?
- Feeling extra inspired by all the BADASS women in my life. Through the Sweat Pink community, my Flex & Flow Tribe and my running community, I feel blessed to have so many inspiring women in my life. I find myself striving to be better. To challenge myself more often. And to cherish my girlfriends more and more each day. A few inspired posts to share with you this week:
- Alyse is feeling amazing everyday by swimming more, slowing down to spend more time with her daughter, getting on the smoothie train (ahhhh, yeahhhh), and dealing with loss in healthy ways. You go, smoothie drinkin’, swimming, yoga’ing girl boss. You go.
- Dani rocked out her first Olympic tri – after having already tackled a Half Ironman and while training for an ultra. You go girl!
- Jessica is embracing a big life change….and coming at it head on! So proud of this lady for sharing and embracing her struggle so she can turn it into growth. So excited to see where the journey takes her from here!
- Jen for not being afraid to get a little (ok, a lot) dirty and rockin’ out the Mud Hero race!
- Getting back in the saddle: I never realized just how powerful and freeing it is to ride a bike. Sounds so corny but its true. Ever since we moved this past weekend, I’ve been riding my bike anywhere and everywhere and I am loving it. I feel so free, so powerful, and so calm when I arrive at Flex & Flow or whatever coffee shop I happen to be occupying for the day. This girl is gettin’ her commute on, like whoa.
- Lastly, I’m so appreciative and inspired by my female friendships: I love that when we get together we aren’t afraid to sing (or, er, uh lip sing) in the middle of a coffee shop or dance it out wherever we are. Laughter, girl friends, and taking time outs are what life is all about.
How are you embracing your GIRL POWER this week?
Stay sweaty friends!