It’s day five of #LJInspired Instagram Challenge and its all about that girl power, woot woot! There are 10 things that every Lorna Jane girl has in common and I think it’s safe to say, I can check off everything on that list!
- Lorna Jane girls always back their dreams and ideas (no matter how silly they might seem to others): I can’t even begin to tell you how many people laughed in our faces or told us our idea was “cute” or “silly” when we started dreaming up the Sweat Pink community. I can’t even begin to tell you how many people tried to crush our dreams, telling us it wouldn’t work, or that we had no business…in business. But here we are, standing tall, standing proud of our ideas, of what we have worked so hard to build.
- We wake up and work hard for success: Having a small business can take a toll. There are always one million things to do. One million directions you can go. But every day we wake up feeling energized and excited for where we’re going to go. And yes, its hard work. But its hard work that really pays off.
- Lorna Jane girls never shy away from a challenge: Whether its in my career, fitness life or even at home, I never back down from a challenge. For exampe. I’ve DNF’ed 3/4 100 milers I’ve attempted but still never admit defeat. Instead, I get back up and try again.
- Live honestly and authentically? I don’t think I could be more honest, transparent or accessible online. I give everyone 100% of me all the time.
- Confidence: I think confidence is one of the most important things you can carry in your arsenal. I try to walk into every situation feeling confident in myself and abilities – whether its a race, business, or even teaching a yoga class – I try to always believe in myself and give it all I’ve got (because what else can you really do?!).
- Lorna Jane girls aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get a little dirty: I’ve never been one to shy away from a little hard work and dirt under my nails. I’m not afraid to work hard. I’m not afraid to try new things before having all the answers. I love to take chances and work hard for what I’ve got!
- Passionate: HAHA, yeah…I’ve got passion. I don’t think passion has never been something I’ve lacked.
- We create our own opportunities: I never wait for opportunities to present themselves on a gold platter. I’m no stranger to going after what I want and working hard to get there.
- We treat our bodies right. I’m all about treating my body right – I’m always trying to eat healthy, stay active and encourage and support others around me to do the same!
- And finally, empowering other women. Empowering other women – especially other women entrepreneurs – is a life long dream of mine! I want to give back to others in any way that I can…
What does being an #LornaJane girl mean to you? What does #LJInspired mean to you?
Stay sweaty friends!