For me, there’s nothing quite like working out with friends; whether I’m hitting the trails, yoga’ing it up, or strength training, I always prefer working out with friends versus going it alone. It not only helps me stay accountable, it also helps me challenge myself more and most of all, have tons of fun (no matter what the activity – like say, hill sprints or burpees, for instance).
And while doing fitness activities with your friends is always more fun, there are a ton of ways you can use your fitness friends to amplify your workout. Some of my favorite partner workouts include a BOSU balance trainer and your best fitness buddy. Go ahead, grab a friend, a BOSU Balance Trainer and get sweaty with these 5 fun BOSU partner workouts.
- BOSU plank fives: Start in plank position with your hands on the BOSU facing your partner. Lift your hands up and give high fives for 30-60 seconds. Maintain your plank the whole time and get a full body workout while having fun!
- BOSU toe taps: Grab a partner and get ready to do-si-do! Face your partner and place one foot on the ground and one foot on a BOSU Balance Trainer (dome face up) Switch feet rapidly, using quick taps for 6o seconds. This is a great way to get some cardio conditioning while also targeting the core and lower body. For added fun, wave your arms over your head and attempt to mirror your partner’s movements.
- BOSU v-sits with leg circles: Grab a partner and two BOSU Balance Trainers lying side by side. Sit facing your partner and get ready for your abs to BURN. Hips should be centered on top of the dome and feet on the floor. Place your hands on the sides of the dome for support and then lean back while still maintaining a neutral spine. Slowly lift the legs off the floor until your knees are close to chest level and lower the legs until almost parallel to the floor. Burn, baby, burn. One partner holds still in a v-sit while the other partner circles their legs around their partner’s feet. Whooaa. After a few circles, switch. Do it for 60 seconds or until ya can’t take the burn no more.
- BOSU partner burpees: Burpees are hard work, there’s no doubt about that. And burpees with a BOSU? My god. Feel the burn. Basically, you’ll do a burpee lifting the BOSU when you jump and placing it dome down when you do a push-up while your partner holds a squat (my partner featured below was learning the burpee, ie, not squatting). After completing a push-up, jump back to squat position with the BOSU and pass to your partner to start a burpee while you hold a squat. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat until your legs and core can’t take anymore. 😉
- BOSU partner planks: If you’re looking for a fun way to spice up your plank workout, grab a partner and get stackin’. Have one person place their hands on the BOSU (dome up) and the other person to place toes on partner’s shoulders while grabbing partner’s ankles in plank position. And then hold to your heart’s content.
What are your favorite partner workout moves?
Stay sweaty friends!
If you don’t yet have a BOSU, get yo’self one and a FREE workout DVD, to boot using the code: BOSUSWEATPINK15 at checkout.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by BOSU. We truly appreciate all of the brands that support the Sweat Pink community.
Annmarie saysOctober 2, 2015 at 7:53 am
Your BOSU partner planks are pretty flippin’ impressive!!!
Jamie saysOctober 2, 2015 at 8:04 am
HAHA, thanks, I had to do a lot of convincing to get my husband to take that photo with me.. 🙂
Jen saysOctober 2, 2015 at 8:23 am
Love these moves! I am such a fan of planks and lately toe taps have been one of my go-to moves for all my classes!
Jamie saysOctober 2, 2015 at 8:44 am
The toe taps are perfect because they are so skill wise EASY while being deceptively difficult… Muahahaha
Lucie saysOctober 2, 2015 at 4:15 pm
I love the partner planks. I’ll have to see if my husband is up to trying that! My husband and I usually workout separately but these look fun!
Jamie saysOctober 3, 2015 at 2:06 pm
OMG, do it, its such a fun way to get a plank workout and have some fun with your partner or spouse! 😉 xoxo