We’ve all heard it before, workout partners can provide accountability, help motivate you and push you farther in your workouts. But besides the obvious benefits, there are other reasons why you should be working out with a partner.
- Partner workouts are way more fun: Yeah, we’ve all done a regular burpee. Sure. But have you done partner burpees? They’re not only fun but also challenging – jumping over your partner adds a degree of difficulty and trust that you won’t get on your own! Or how about partner push-ups? They take high fives to a whole new level and make you accountable for every last push-up!
- There’s no better way to bond! It seems that of all my friends, the ones I know best are the ones I sweat with. There’s no better way to laugh, unload, and sometimes just get to know someone than through sweat dates!
- Try new things: working out with a partner can often help you try new things, take on new challenges or just push you to new heights! I love taking friends to my favorite favorite classes so they can get exposed to new things and then tailing them at their favorite workouts so I can do the same!
- You’ll look younger: Ok, so maybe this isn’t entirely true. Buddy workouts aren’t an anti-aging cream or plastic surgery, for that matter, but I swear the more you laugh, sweat, and achieve, the younger you’ll feel! Plus, you always look and feel younger when you’re in adorable workout apparel…
- Get inspired: You can use your buddy workouts as a source of inspiration. Let your friends challenge you, inspire you and leave you reaching to newer, greater heights than ever before.
So what’s your favorite way to workout with a partner? Partner burpees? Double downdogs? Rock climbing?
Stay sweaty friends!