I’m gearing up to get my sweat on at uforia studios at their new San Francisco location…..which is opening very soon….very, very soon. And since I’ve had the opportunity to sweat it out at one of their Revolutions classes (party on a bike) at their Palo Alto location, I think next on my list are the Grit and hip hop classes. Yep. I said hip hop.
The last time I took a cardio dance class, I did more flailing and awkward rocking rather than actual dancing. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun – I was just terrible – and bumping into other people the whole time. Oops. But I made a promise to myself that I would try new things in 2015 and make #NoExcuses about it so I’lll get my ass on the dance floor.
If you’re like me and wanting to try new things, come take a dance class at uforia studios and make sure you follow these great do’s and don’ts from uforia. I swear, it’ll help make the experience all that much better!
- Don’t wear the loosest clothes you own, you might shake them off!
- Don’t be afraid to push the envelope, wear a hat, bandana or something that makes you feel a little more bad ass
- Don’t hide near the back of the class, the best way to learn is when you can see the rockstar instructors in full view
- Do smile while you sweat, and you will sweat – so don’t forgt your water bottle
- Do harness your inner Beyonce – feel free to wear things that shimmer
- Do wear your most comfortable shoes, high tops help to complete your look if you have them!
If you’re in the Bay Area and want to try uforia studio’s new Nob Hill location (San Francisco), use this code – THEPOM – for 50% off a drop in class or a 10 or 20 class pass card.