To me, living a fitness lifestyle is so much more than just workouts, its a way of life. Its not just about how you sweat, or how often you sweat, but how you live your life in between sweat sessions – whether its in your kitchen, enjoying downtime, traveling, spending time with family and friends or even at work.
Fitness has always been a part of my life but it wasn’t until I started the Sweat Pink community that I truly understood what living a fitness lifestyle truly meant. And since starting the community, I’ve learned that there is no other lifestyle I’d want to lead. Here are my 10 reasons for living a fitness lifestyle:
- I stay true to myself: by choosing to live a fitness lifestyle, I know I’ve made the decision to stay true to myself. Its a decision that allows me to take care of myself and makes me a better daughter, sister, wife, friend and puppy mom.
- I am inspired every day: since fitness is a never ending journey, I find that its an excellent source of daily inspiration. Whether browsing through photos of Sweat Pink ‘ers on Instagram, reading blogs, or even admiring other athletes, I am always finding new inspiration.
- My friends are happy people: since most of my activities are centered around fitness, my friends all tend to be fitness minded as well. And whether we’re running, doing yoga, hiking, enjoying the outdoors or even a glass of wine, I find that I am constantly surrounded by happy people. Happy people with goals, aspirations and amazing spirits who constantly challenge and amaze me.
- My dog is happy: It’s true, I have a super happy puppy and its because she has a super awesome and fulfilling life. She is one of my favorite activity partners and enjoys living a fitness lifestyle with me. She’s never bored, under exercised or destructive. So its a win win for both of us!
- I eat well to live well: I eat well not only to train better but also to feel and look better inside and out. I decide what goes in my body and my family’s bodies so we can all live better, more healthier and active lives.
- The adventures are endless: being committed to an active and fit life means I am constantly exploring – whether running trails in my backyard, traveling to find new swimming holes or great views, or trying new things.
- I can rock leggings & sports bras: I’m not gonna lie…one of the big perks of making fitness a priority is feeling good about myself! I love being able to rock and feel comfortable in cute print leggings or even my sports bra!
- I have productive ways to deal with stress: While I’m generally a happy person, there are times when I’m under incredible pressure or stress. And while yes, I sometimes get snippy with my husband (or myself), I can always find a way to calm my nerves whether through a good sweat at the gym, yoga or even a trail run.
- I love myself! It’s a no brainer…when you spend time taking care of yourself, its easy to love and accept yourself. But its more than that. By setting goals for myself and taking on new challenges, I am constantly finding more ways to accept myself, my body and encourage others around me to do the same.
- Sweatworking has opened so many doors! One of the best things about living the fitness lifestyle for me has been all the incredible people I’ve had a chance to meet – at races, through the Sweat Pink community, in yoga classes, or even at the gym. Sweatworking really is the new (way more effective) happy hour!
Stay Sweaty friends!
Disclosure: this post was sponsored by prAna. All opinions are our own. We so appreciate you supporting the brands that support Fit Approach and the Sweat Pink community!