Happy Friday, y’all! It’s been a busy couple of weeks which you can probably tell by my complete and utter radio silence (well, unless you follow me on Insta…then you know all the things). But that doesn’t stop this girl from a Five Things Friday post….
And this week’s theme is all about SAYING YES! So I guess you could call it 5 THINGS TO SAY YES TO FRIDAY! And here goes:
- Just SAY YES to the #SayYesPodcast brought to you by my #sweatpink sis and friend Laura Yamin. I am truly honored to be featured on this amazing podcast where we discuss all things ultra running, entrepreneuring, and girl bossin’ our way through life. If you haven’t said YES to something awesome this week, definitely tune in and SAY YES to this: http://www.laurayamin.com/6382-2/
- Saying yes to run dates. And crushing your run even when sore. When my friend texted about running to and from bootcamp (meaning 1 hour of bootcamp in between), I could’ve said NO. I was pretty sore from all the yoga, running, and HIIT Yoga that I’d done during the week already. But instead, I grabbed my big girl pants and said YES. And what I gained? Sore hamstrings, sore quads….I kid, I kid…a lot of laughter and fun, a huge sense of accomplishment, training for our upcoming Cascade Lakes Relay and all the scheming for my first Timberline Trail Run with said running buddies.
- Say yes to working hard and recovering harder. I’m excited to spend all next week with my foam roller. I’m joining TriggerPoint and Fit Approach for a fun week of #HowIRoll Instagram inspiration. Say YES to self care with me and join in on the foam rollin’ fun. And if you don’t have a foam roller, it’s a great chance to win one!
- A big fat YES YES YES to Peppermint & Chocolate. After an inspirational morning watching Liz CRUSH IT teaching more than 100 yogis at Yoga Day Portland…
we treated ourselves to some Honey Mama’s Oregon Peppermint…and omg, SO GOOD.
It’s so good that I went home and made myself a Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie using Amazing Grass holiday edition Chocolate Peppermint protein powder, Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee, banana, almond milk and ice and of course topped with some Elemental Superfoods granola…I say yes to having this every day.
- Saying YES to sleep. Last week was crazy – between work, spending time with my 9 year old niece who was visiting Portland, teaching all the yogas and after all the various events (acro yoga, sponsoring a Northwest Outward Bound’s Over the Edge challenge, Flex & Flow Sip N’ Sweat, Yoga Day Portland, and more..), I was WIPED out starting the week. Tuesday night I opted out of bootcamp and instead chose to relax and SLEEP, figuring if I didn’t go for the evening workout, I would give myself an earlier bed time. And it proved to be the best thing I could have said YES to.
What did you say YES to this week?
Stay sweaty friends!