Today feels, well, a little nutty. I woke up after what felt like only a couple of hours of sleep, feeling dehydrated and slightly cross eyed from all the emails, work from the night before. I started plowing through my inbox almost first thing – even before my smoothie – actually even before my coffee (gasp!).
Cross eyed and all, I know it’s all worth it. We’re getting ready for a big, big weekend at Flex & Flow with the Mississippi Ave street fair this Saturday and then a HUGE week ahead at BlogFest in LA. I almost can’t even believe it.
So now that I’ve had coffee (ahem sanity juice), I’m here with five things that made me SAY FRIYAY!
- Countdown to BlogFest: We’re now less than a week away from the year’s biggest fitness blogging conference. We’ve been working behind the scenes to make this year the best year yet – it’s going to be chock full of inspiration, workouts, education and most importantly, fun and networking with the #sweatpink family! Hooray!
- Putting my fitness to the test with #TheFitChallenge: All next week, while I’m in LA sweatin’ it up with my #sweatpink fam, I’ll be rockin’ out some PERFECT push-ups and killer core workouts with Perfect Fitness and sippin’ on deliciously energizing IdealShape “slushies” (more to come on this soon…like say, a recipe…)! Join me for fun week of sweaty and delicious challenges – whether or not you’ll be attending BlogFest this year. More details about TheFitChallenge here. Or as always, just follow along on the Fit Approach Insta account – there will be daily prompts!
- All the running. All the HIIT Yoga. All the sore muscles. I went a little bananas with the workouts this week. I think all the weird energy, lack of sleep, short week vibes and the never ending to-do list made me go super crazy with the workouts; I basically treated them as a way to escape. To sweat it all out. To let it all go. And let’s just say, I escaped pretty dang hard this week. I’ve been keeping up with my roll outs (thanks to TriggerPoint) but also started rockin’ my SKINS compression wear (because #Skinsornothing, baby!). I’ll be sure to write a detailed review on why I LOVE SKINS gear so dang much! Stay tuned.
- Peanut Butter Binging. Because why not? I’ve been on a super charged peanut butter kick this week. And I’ve been making all the peanut butter smoothies with Amazing Grass Protein Superfood and Wild Friends. This particular peanut butter explosion included the following ingredients: Amazing Grass Protein Superfood Vanilla (one scoop), one banana, one heaping, ok MASSIVE, spoonful of Wild Friends Peanut Butter, Califia Farms almond milk, and ice. That’s it. Easy and peanut buttery delicious! Want in on this, grab 40% off Amazing Grass products using the code AGSWEATPINK2 at checkout on www.amazinggrass.com. Not sure if you’re ready to commit, come by our booth at IDEAWorld (booth #215) and sample some for yourself!
- Coffee on my face (and body!): As a coffee addict, I’m pretty much in for whatever if you say it has coffee in it. Smoothie with coffee, yes please. Ice cream with coffee, yep. Skincare with coffee, why yes, yes, and more yes. With all the workouts and hectic teaching schedule, my skin has been feeling a little rough around the edges. I started noticing it was looking a little drab, dull and sad so I picked up some frank body products to slough away the overworked skin and put some life and brightness back in my cheeks….and if you think coffee only helps you feel brighter (and, uh, alive) when you drink it….try scrubbing it on your face…and body! Oh, frank, I love YOU!
Happy Friday y’all, I’m so excited to see so MANY of you NEXT WEEK! HOORAY! YAY!
Stay sweaty friends!