HUGE NEWS for those of you who have not been following along on Facebook…Casey is running his first ultra in September! He signed up for the 55K at the Golden Ultra and I could not be more proud or excited for him.
I truly have nothing to do with this decision, other than the fact that I had already signed up for the entire three day event (the 5k, 55k, and 20K), but I do love that we’ve only been married a little over a year and he’s already coming over to the dark side…! Muahahha.
The best part about this news is that he’s WAY more diligent about training than I am so I’ve been riding the coattails of his ultra training. And while it’s straight killing me to try and keep up with it all, I know I’m better for it.
Basically whenever he wants to workout, we go workout. In fact, he’s so on it, we missed not one but two potential shows this weekend because we were either working out or running. True story.
I think it’s safe to say that I’m definitely getting my #1MillionMinutes in…and then some!
Here’s a little recap of my weekend of ultra training:
- Evening workout (with Casey):
- 20 minutes on the eliptical (warm-up)
- Deadlifts X12 – 3 sets
- Push-ups X25 – 3 sets
- Lunges with overhead press (20 lbs) X 15 – 3 sets
- Tricep dips X 20 – 3 sets
- Bosu side lunge jumps X 20 – 1 set
- In/out abs X 15
- Rainbows X 10, each leg
- In/our abs X15
- Glute bridges X 15, each leg
- Burpees (15) + Mountain Climbers (50) all in a row
- One mile treadmill sprint – 7:38
- Morning workout: light yoga after teaching
- Evening workout (with Casey)
- Stairmaster – 100 floors, 17 minutes, KAPOW
- Kettlebell swings X15 + push-ups with 10 lb weighted rows X10 – 3 sets
- Partner sit-ups (throwing the ball back / forth) X 25 – 2 sets
- Speed squats X 20
- Russian twists X 50 – 3 sets
- Speed squats X 30
- Ab roller X15 – 3 sets
- Jump squats X 20 – 2 sets
- Ab pikes on medicine ball X 15 – 3 sets
- Battle ropes (wahhh!!) X 30 secs – 3 sets
- Bike (ugh) X10 minutes – 3 freaking miles
Morning workout: light yoga at home after teaching – thanks to Grokker!
Evening workout (with Casey): 5.5 mile trail run in the RAIN!
Hope y’all had a super sweaty weekend!
Stay sweaty friends!